We like to be as transparent as possible with all of our customers. Please read these Terms carefully before you submit your booking to AMR Deliveries. These Terms include, but are not limited to, explaining who AMR Deliveries are, our Services, the Services provided by our Partners, the contract between you and AMR Deliveries and the contract between you and our Partners.
1.Definitions Used In These Terms.
Domestic: Domestic services provided within the United Kingdom and including ferry or water crossing.
“AMR Deliveries/Our/Us/We/Its”: refers to AMR Deliveries.
“Quote”: the quote given to you by AMR Deliveries in accordance with clause 3.5(a) together with any additional charges as set out in clause 3.5(d).
“Web Site”: our website, which can be found at www.AMR Deliveries.co.uk
“Booking”: acceptance of your Booking Request by AMR Deliveries.
“Booking Request”: the process of filling in the online form a customer inputs delivery or moving details into or sends details via a messaging service.
“Booking Request Form”: the form entitled “Booking Request Form” on the AMR Deliveries Site which you will have completed and submitted to AMR Deliveries and provides AMR Deliveries with the information we require to provide you with the Quote.
“Business Customer”: you are a Business Customer if you are entering into this agreement for provision of the Services in respect of your business, trade, craft or profession.
“Comprehensive Inventory List”: a full and complete list of all items and inventory to be transported by us or our Partners.
“Contract”: once we have accepted your Booking Request, provided you with a Quote and you have confirmed that you wish to proceed with a Price Option, a Contract is created.
“Domestic”: domestic services provided within the United Kingdom and including any travel which includes crossing water (including any ferry crossing)
“Domestic Customer”: you are a Domestic Customer if you are entering into this agreement for provision of the Services as an individual in respect your home or on behalf of your family, guardians or carers.
“Hourly Rate Job”: shall have the meaning given to it in clause 3.
“Hourly Rate Vehicle”: this is the meaning given in clause 3.3.
“Insurer”: Fast Quote
“Partner/Partners”: AMR Deliveries Partners as described in these Terms.
“Price”: acceptance of a specific Price Option together with any agreed amendments.
“Price Options”: the Price Options provided to you in accordance with clause 2.5(a).
“Private Customer”: you are a Private Customer if you are an individual and you are entering into an agreement for the provision of the Services, wholly or mainly for you personally and not for use in connection with your trade, business, craft or profession.
“Services”: the services provided in accordance with these Terms.
“Terms”: these terms and condition on which we (and our Partners) supply our Services to you.
“Urgent Booking”: a Booking made with less than 48 hours’ notice.
“Van Size”: this refers to the option on the Booking Request Form, which allows you to choose the size of van required to transport your goods based on your own calculations, this is opposed to or in addition to a Comprehensive Inventory List.
“Wait Time”: fifteen minutes.
“The Collection Point” means the address at which a Consignment is received or collected by us.
“The Delivery Point” means the address to which any Consignment is delivered.
2.Information About And How To Contact AMR Deliveries.
2.1 Who We Are
We are Adam Reed trading as AMR Deliveries. Our registered office is at 12-14 West Street Swadlincote Derbyshire DE119DE.
2.2 How To Contact Us
You can contact Us by:
- Telephone: 07803 375068;
- Post: AMR Deliveries, 12-14 West Street Swadlincote Derbyshire DE119DE.
- Email: enquiries@AMRDeliveries.co.uk or
- Website: www.AMRDeliveries.co.uk
2.3 How AMR Deliveries Will Contact You.
If we have to contact you, we will do so by telephone, in writing to the email or postal address provided in your Booking Request Form or by text message to the mobile number provided in your Booking Request Form.
If we have confirmed that you are a Domestic or Business Customer when you enter into the Contract with AMR Deliveries in accordance with these Terms, it will be on the basis that AMR Deliveries are acting as a service provider. AMR Deliveries are entitled and authorised to enter into this Contract with you on their behalf and to arrange the Services as an agent. This Contract governs your relationship with AMR Deliveries and also with our Partners.
3.1 The Quote
- AMR Deliveries will supply you with a Price Options which shall reflect the information provided by you when completing the Booking Request Form. The Price Options will be fixed for 30 days from the date of booking.
- AMR Deliveries will accept amendments up to 48 hours prior to the date that Services are required. However, you may incur additional charges in relation to such changes. If on arrival at the address provided by you, we cannot gain access to the premises and you are uncontactable by telephone (using the number provided by you on the Booking Request Form), we shall be entitled at its discretion to cease provision of the Services and/or cancel the Services if you cannot be reached and access gained within the Wait Time. In this case, you shall not be entitled to receive a refund and any sums due to AMR Deliveries for Services that you have not yet paid for shall become immediately due and payable.
- For any amendments made less than 48 hours prior to the date that our Services are required and where we are able to accommodate these changes, you may incur additional charges.
- If we arrive at the final destination for the delivery of the goods and are unable to deliver those goods after the Wait Time, then AMR Deliveries shall be entitled to charge a storage cost of £20 per day. If after 7 days the goods still remain within our possession then AMR Deliveries shall have the right to sell such goods at any reasonable price.
- Additional charges may apply if the Services required and subsequently booked differ upon the arrival.
- If the Services required are materially different to those in the Booking Request Form, we shall have the right to terminate the Contract.
- Any additional charges incurred by you under these Terms, if not already paid for by you, shall be due and payable 2 days from the date that the Services were provided.
- If you have any questions or wish to discuss any of the additional charges referred to in this clause, please contact our Customer Care team.
3.2 If AMR Deliveries Does Not Accept Your Booking Request.
If AMR Deliveries or its Partner is unable to undertake the Services or decides not to accept your Booking Request, you will be notified as soon as possible in writing or by telephone. AMR Deliveries will use its reasonable endeavours to try and find another Partner to undertake the Services on your behalf. Accepting your Booking Request is at AMR Deliveries and / or its Partner’s discretion.
3.3 Your Job Number.
Upon confirming your Booking Request, AMR Deliveries will assign and notify you of the Job Number allocated to your Booking. Please reference this number when contacting AMR Deliveries.
4.Services and Our Contract with You
4.1 Your Booking
As set out above, AMR Deliveries will supply you with Price Option dependent on your requirements notified in the Booking Request Form. The information you provide on the Booking Request Form is used to produce the Price Option, any alteration to the information supplied on the Booking Request Form may subsequently alter the Price.
Accepting a particular Price Option that best suits your needs and supplying AMR Deliveries with your payment details creates a contract between you and AMR Deliveries and/or Our Partner (Contract) and grants us authority to confirm to the relevant Partner that you have accepted the Price Option and that they will undertake the Services for you at the agreed Price.
- We/Partner will arrive at the address provided by you and on the date agreed in your Booking or any subsequent date and time notified by you to us and AMR Deliveries confirm their acceptance of such change. Please note that any proposed change to the date and time that the Services are to be provided may result in a change to the Price, which will be notified to you in advance of the Services being undertaken.
- We/Partner will load and deliver only the goods agreed in the Comprehensive Inventory List. Neither AMR Deliveries nor the Partner is liable for goods loaded that were not included in your Comprehensive Inventory List or for any miscalculations in relation to Volume Size or Van Size on your Booking Request Form.
- Please note that if you wish to make any changes to the Booking, including on the day that the Services are undertaken, all payments must be made to AMR Deliveries.
- We/Partner will deliver your goods in the same condition they were in when packed or made ready for transportation. If we / our Partner fails under this clause 4.2 please see clause 7 for information on liability for loss or damage. If you (acting reasonably) believe that damage to your goods was caused by the Us/Partner, written notification including genuine evidence of the damage and loss of value is required within seven days of the Services being completed. Outside of this time frame, neither AMR Deliveries nor the Partner is liable. Our liability and that of our Partner is determined in accordance with clause 8.
- The Price Options shall include moving costs, staff costs and fuel unless otherwise stated. Please review the AMR Deliveries Site and/or contact us for details of additional services and the prices of any additional services AMR Deliveries can offer.
- Where a delivery does not have a specific drop off time AMR Deliveries reserves the right for environmentally friendly reasons to deliver the goods in a van containing other customer goods so as to pool resources and limit pollution.
4.3 Services AMR Deliveries Do Not Provide
- AMR Deliveries will not do anything to put Us or our Partners in danger. For example, we will not enter any premises unless properly lit, floored and where safe access is provided.
- In order to adhere to permits and insurance, we will not transport animals or people, unless agreed by AMR Deliveries in writing prior to your Booking Request being accepted.
- We will not agree to do anything where they do not have the requisite qualifications.
- We will not transport illegal, stolen or dangerous goods. This includes goods that in our reasonable opinion present potential danger to our vehicles and/or staff, any other assets or goods that require specialist knowledge or equipment to transport. We are within their rights to destroy, dispose of, and to charge you additional costs incurred should they transport any such goods without their knowledge. AMR Deliveries shall report such goods to the relevant authorities, where required to do so.
- We will only transport goods that require special licenses or government permissions if you have all required documentation. AMR Deliveries and its Partners require advance warning and agreement in writing to transport such goods. Neither AMR Deliveries nor its Partners will accept liability for loss or damage to any such goods and you will be liable for any loss suffered by AMR Deliveries or its Partners for transporting such goods without prior written agreement of AMR Deliveries or the Partner and/or without the knowledge. You will indemnify AMR Deliveries in full for any charges, expenses, damages or penalties claimed against us or Our Partners. AMR Deliveries or its Partners may, at our/the Partner’s sole discretion, destroy or dispose of such goods for which you will be liable for the costs.
- Neither AMR Deliveries nor its Partners will store any goods other than in accordance with clause 8.8 and clause 10 unless previously agreed in writing prior to or at the time of Booking unless subsequently agreed by AMR Deliveries in writing. Additional charges apply for storage of goods and vary depending on duration.
- We will not dismantle or assemble any furniture unless previously agreed in writing prior to or at the time of Booking or subsequently agreed by AMR Deliveries in writing.
- We will not disconnect, reconnect, dismantle or reassemble appliances, fixtures, fittings or equipment; unless previously agreed in writing prior to or at the time of Booking or subsequently agreed by AMR Deliveries in writing.
- We will not take up or lay any carpet or other floor covering.
- We will not move planters and large outdoor pots unless agreed in writing prior to or at the time of Booking or subsequently agreed by AMR Deliveries in writing.
- For the avoidance of doubt our Partners shall not be obligated to provide the Services for in excess of 9 hours per day. It is at their discretion if they choose to do so, and subject to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of their staff and ensuring that they are only providing Services in accordance with any applicable legislation.
4.4 Additional Services
- For further details and to book additional services, please visit our AMR Deliveries Site or speak with us on 07803 375068 If you decide to book such additional services they will be covered by these Terms.
4.5 The Service Provider
The Services will be provided by AMR Deliveries or one of its Partners. The Partners are approved by the AMR Deliveries team for suitability and eligibility.
5.1 By entering into the Contract you must comply with the following obligations. If you fail to comply with these obligations, neither AMR Deliveries nor the Partner is liable to you for any losses incurred.
- You must guarantee that all goods transported belong to you and that if anyone has legal interest in the goods, you have their permission to transport them.
- You must provide AMR Deliveries with your current telephone number and email address. If these contact details change, you must let us know immediately. Correct and precise addresses for pickup and delivery locations are compulsory.
- Suitable parking arrangements for our vehicles will be made by you, at your own expense. These include but are not limited to, suspended bays, parking permits, width restrictions and parking distances from your premises. You will fully indemnify us if fines or penalties are incurred as a result of your failure to make said arrangements.
- Advise AMR Deliveries in advance of how many floors there are at both the pickup and delivery locations and if service lifts are available.
- Accessibility information for both pickup and delivery locations is compulsory at the time of Booking. This includes but is not limited to attic conversions, spiral staircases, door and window widths.
- You should be present or represented upon collection, loading, unloading and delivery of your goods. If you are unable to be present, an alternative arrangement must be made in writing stating the person or persons who will be present in your absence and/or the notification of a secure delivery point.
- Upon delivery AMR Deliveries will either ask you to sign an electronic proof of delivery (“POD”) or present you with a Job Sheet or photographic evidence which sets out what goods have been collected, transported and delivered. It is identified by the specific Job Number given to you at the time of Booking. You will be asked to sign the Job Sheet or POD as confirmation that the Services were provided to a satisfactory standard.
- Fridge freezers must be defrosted (AMR Deliveries nor its Partners are liable for their contents) and all other appliances must be completely dry with no residual fluid.
- All furniture must be empty unless an additional packing service, has been Booked.
- An accurate list of goods for transportation is required (Comprehensive Inventory List). Amendments can be made but additional charges may apply in accordance with clause 3.4. Or if when making your Booking you chose the Van Size or Volume Size option if the goods exceed the agreed Volume Size or Van Size, additional costs will apply.
- All goods must be suitably packed prior to our arrival. A full packing service is available at an additional cost. Please visit the AMR Deliveries Site and/or contact us for details of the additional cost.
- All payments must be made in accordance with this agreement and all overdue payments will incur interest on a daily basis that is calculated at 3% per annum above the base rate of Barclays Bank plc.
6.Cancellation & Postponement
6.1 Consumers Statutory Cancellation Right
The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 are not applicable to service contracts which provide for the transport of goods on a specific date or period for performance.
6.2 Postponement & Cancellation By The Customer
If you wish to postpone or cancel the Contract please notify us, in writing as soon as possible. If you cancel by telephone we will write to you confirming cancellation. All postponement and cancellation charges are charged as follows:
- If a Service is booked and AMR Deliveries receives notice in writing or by telephone no less than 48 hours before the date that the Services are due to be provided, there will be no charge.
- If a Service is booked and AMR Deliveries receives notice in writing or by telephone with less than 48 hours but not less than 24 hours before the date that the Services are due to be provided, you will incur a charge equal to 50% of the Price.
- If you postpone or cancel the Services (domestic) within 24 hours of the date that the Services are due to be provided, you will be charged the full Price. If you paid in full upon Booking the Services, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- If you postpone the Services and immediately re-book, it is at the discretion of AMR Deliveries whether we reduce or waive some or all of the charges referred to in this clause 7.2.
- Urgent Bookings are non-refundable if cancelled or postponed.
- If you postpone or cancel the Services and as a result of this clause 7, additional amounts are owed to AMR Deliveries these will be due immediately.
- If you postpone or cancel the Services and have a dispute regarding a payment made to AMR Deliveries, a charge pending or an issue relating to the service, you must notify us as soon as possible, and no later than seven days after the Services have been provided, by contacting us using one or more of the methods as outlined in Clause 2.2.
6.3 Cancellation By AMR Deliveries and its Partners
- If you breach any term of this Contract then AMR Deliveries and its Partner are entitled to terminate the Contract.
- If We are unable to perform the Services agreed upon Booking (or if We are unable to find an appropriate Partner to undertake the Services), whether through our own fault or as a result of something outside of Our control then AMR Deliveries will notify you as soon as possible in writing or by telephone.
- If you make a Booking, AMR Deliveries shall use its reasonable endeavours to undertake the services contracted or to find an available Partner as soon as possible. If AMR Deliveries is unable to do so, we are not in breach of the Contract but you will be entitled to a full refund.
- If AMR Deliveries or its Partner cancels the Contract in accordance with clause 6.3(a) you will not be entitled to a refund. If AMR Deliveries or its Partner cancel the Contract in accordance with clause 6.3(b)-(c) then you are entitled to a full refund.
- If you cancel the Contract in accordance with clauses 6.2 (a), 6.2(b) any money that is due to be refunded to you will be transferred within five working days by AMR Deliveries, receiving a written request for a Refund. AMR Deliveries require confirmation of your bank account details within five days of submitting the request to us by email. The request must be submitted no later than seven days after the date when notification that you are cancelling the Contract was sent.
7.Liability For Loss Or Damage
7.1 AMR Deliveries shall have no liability to you for any loss or damage to any of your goods or premises or any other loss suffered by you arising out of the Contract subject to 7.6.
7.2 We will accept liability for damage to your premises and goods subject to you producing satisfactory evidence that the damage was caused by Us or our Partner and not by you or a third party. Their liability to you is limited as follows:
- If We or our Partner damages premise or property other than the goods they are contracted to transport as a result of their negligence or breach of contract, they are only liable for repairing the damaged area. This liability is in accordance with the limitations of clause 7.4.
- The Partner is not liable for any damage caused to any premises or goods if you ignore AMR Deliveries or the Partner’s advice in relation to the Services.
- You must advise us by email or telephone no later than seven days after completion of the Services if any damage is caused to the premises or your goods upon collection, transportation or delivery. AMR Deliveries nor the Partners are liable outside of this time unless permitted by law.
7.3 Neither AMR Deliveries nor its Partners are liable for:
- Damage caused as a result of your actions and/or your breach of these Terms;
- Perishable items, including but not limited to food and drink;
- Damage caused by moths or vermin or any other infestation;
- Damage caused by fire;
- Damage caused to any furniture packed and/or unpacked by you or a third party;
- Normal wear and tear;
- Goods loaded and/or unloaded against Our or the Partners advice;
- Damage to any goods or premises not caused by Us or our Partners;
- Damage to goods or premises caused by you or a third party when packing, loading or unloading them on and/or off Our vehicles or otherwise;
- AMR Deliveries and its Partners do not transport live animals or plants unless agreed and appropriately organised upon booking. We will not be liable for harm caused to live animals or plants transported without Our knowledge;
- Damage to your electrical goods (unless you can provide evidence that such damage was as a result of the Partner’s negligence);
- Loss incurred if any of your goods were already damaged or had an inherent defect;
- Damage if any of your goods are susceptible to damage including but not limited to breakage, internal spoilage, leakage, malfunctions;
- Damage to any collections or documentation including but not limited to stamps, coins, gemstones, share certificates, deeds to properties;
- Personal items including but not limited to jewellery, handbags, clothes and hats, unless properly packed and included in the Comprehensive Inventory List;
- Business loss whatsoever if you are a Private Customer;
- Loss or damage which occurs after the goods have been delivered to you or your representative;
- Loss or damage not caused by Us or Our Partners, employees, subcontractors or agents;
- Loss which is not reasonably foreseeable;
Damage caused to your goods which are held by us or our Partners in accordance with clause 8.9 and clause 10.
7.1 to 7.3 (inclusive), neither AMR Deliveries nor its Partners are liable for any goods confiscated, seized, removed or damaged by any customs authorities or any other government agency unless such damage, confiscation, seizure or removal was as a result of our Partner’s negligence or breach of contract.
7.4 Events Outside Of Our Control.
Neither AMR Deliveries nor its Partners are liable for any damage or loss if any of the below occur:
- Acts of God, including but not limited to flood, drought, earthquake or other natural disaster;
- Epidemic or pandemic;
- Acts of war, threat or preparation for war, riot, nuclear or chemical containment, change in the law or action taken by a government or public authority, collapse of buildings, fire, explosion or accident and any labour or trade dispute, strikes industrial action or lockouts;
- Delay in transit;
- Any events which can reasonably be considered outside of our control.
7.6 Neither we nor our Partners will exclude our liability for death or personal injury caused by our or the Partner’s negligence, fraudulent misrepresentation or liability which under the laws of England and Wales may not be limited or excluded.
7.7 None of our employees or subcontractors other than the Partner who undertook the Services, are independently liable for any loss, damage, mis-delivery, errors or omissions under the Contract.
7.8 Delays In Transit:
- If there is a delay in transit and AMR Deliveries or our Partner is unable to deliver your goods for reasons not caused by our negligence or breach of Contract, it may store them. You may at AMR Deliveries discretion be liable for any storage redelivery costs.
- AMR Deliveries will provide you with an estimated time for collection and delivery based on information in our possession. Times may vary due to events outside of our control. Neither we nor our Partner will be liable for any loss suffered by you as a result of this.
8.1 Insurance Cover is provided by the Insurer.
8.2 Basic Cover is included in the Price. This provides:
- cover up to a limit of £10,000 covering fire and & full theft (full theft is the theft of all of your goods that we / our Partners are transporting);
- Please see the Insurance Policy page on the AMR Deliveries Site: https://www.AMR Deliveries.co.uk/company-policies/
8.3 You shall not take or fail to take any action or permit anything to occur that would entitle the Insurer not to pay any claim under the Basic Compensation Cover and / or the Comprehensive Insurance Cover (if applicable).
8.4 AMR Deliveries and or its Partners and the Insurer shall not be liable in respect of any claim under the Basic Compensation Cover if and to the extent that you are entitled to make a claim under any other policy of insurance in respect of the matter or circumstance giving rise to such claim.
9.Our Rights To Hold The Goods
9.1 AMR Delivers and/or its Partners have the right to hold your goods (lien) until all money owed under the Contract, including applicable interest, has been paid. This includes costs we have incurred for storage and legal costs.
9.2 If full payment of any monies owed by you to AMR Deliveries is not received within 90 days We shall be entitled to sell the goods or deal with them as we think reasonable and apply any proceeds towards our costs incurred and the money you owe to us.
Complaints About Our Services
If you have any complaints about our Services, please contact us via the enquiries@AMRDeliveries.co.uk and we will endeavour to review your complaint and make any necessary actions within 7 days of the complaint being received.
You can visit the citizens advice website on www.adviceguide.org.uk or call them on 0345 04 05 06 for a summary of your key legal rights.
11.How We May Use Your Personal Information
11.1 Your Personal Information.
We will use the personal information you provide to us:
- Your name and contact information will be stored with your consent (or implied consent such as making an enquiry on our website) so that we may contact you in relation to your enquiry.
- We will only keep your contact details for marketing purposes if you explicitly opt in to our mailing list.
- If you are an existing customer we may also opt you in to our mailing list under the legitimate business interest basis for processing your data. You will be given the opportunity to opt out in the footer of every marketing email you receive from us thereafter.
- We may contact you in relation to an ongoing contract.
- We may contact you in relation to legitimate business interest.
- Your data will be kept on record for financial accounting purposes which we are legally required to maintain records of.
11.2 We will only give your personal information to other third parties where the law either requires or allows us to do so.
13.Other Important Terms
13.1 Rights Under The Contract
The Contract is between you and AMR Deliveries. No other person has rights to enforce any of its terms unless expressly provided for in these Terms.
13.2 The Law And The Contract
Each clause of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining clauses remain in full effect.
13.3 Enforcing The Contract
If we do not enforce these Terms immediately, or if you break the Contract and we delay taking steps against you that will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
13.4 Applicable Laws To The Contract
These Terms are governed by English law and you can only bring legal proceedings in the English courts.
Dated: 25 January 2021